Guess what’s playing at Brooklyn Bridge Park this Thursday? Clueless! Clueless is a quintessential 90′s film that captured popular culture and fashion of the time like no other. Stylist Beverly Hills high-schooler Cher Horowitz (Alicia Silverstone) helps her classmate become more popular in Amy Heckerling’s film, which was inspired by Jane Austen’s Emma. The movie is super sharp and funny; there are so many memorable moments and lines from the film.
1. Who didn’t love the Cranberries?
2. Did you wear knee-high sock because of this film? Duh!
3. Cher on high school grades: ”Some teachers are trying to low-ball me, Daddy. And I know how you say, ‘Never accept a first offer,’ so I figure these grades are just a jumping off point to start negotiations.”
4. Been there: “Christian said he’d call the next day, but in boy time that meant Thursday.”
5. Nose rings were all the rage once, weren’t they? “Dee, when your allergies act up, take out your nose ring.”
If you’re in New York, check it out – I’m sure there will be people reciting lines from the film, plus director Amy Heckerling will be there!
Thursday, July 26th
Brooklyn Bridge Park, Pier 1
Old Fulton St, (at Water St)